Our candles. Your name.
If you are looking to elevate your candle game, we can help. A Mandatory Activity allows you to design your own candle—or line of candles—for your store, restaurant, or hotel. As humans, our sense of smell is linked directly to the part of the brain that controls memory, mood, and emotion. That is why the smell of fresh-baked cookies or a homemade cake can generate such a strong emotional response. Use that power to create customer loyalty and repeat business by providing a custom scent that will remind them of the time they spent with you. Together with A Mandatory Activity, you can harness that scent memory with high-quality soy candles.
For customers looking for truly one-of-a-kind luxury candles, our bespoke candle program allows you to work closely with our candlemaker to craft just that. For those looking for a more budget-friendly option, our stock candle program still allows plenty of flexibility to make a product that is your own.
Our bespoke candles are made using 100% soy wax produced from primarily American-grown soy beans. However, you have complete control over the design and fragrance of your candles allowing you to bring your vision to life. Private label customers purchasing bespoke candles can choose from all of the same vessels, wicks, and fragrances as those purchasing our stock candles, but receive a private consultation to help guide them through the process of crafting the perfect candle for their needs. In addition to our stock candle choices, bespoke candle buyers receive these additional benefits:
- Vessel—in addition to our stock choices, bespoke customers can choose from premium glass jars, ceramic vessels, decorative tins, or other vessels. If you have a vessel in mind, we will source it and test it to ensure it is safe for candles.
- Wick—want something extra? How about a wood spiral wick or multi-wick candle? The sky is the limit for our bespoke candle customers.
- Fragrance—stand out from the crowd with our custom fragrance service. During your private consultation, we will discuss your needs and craft custom fragrance blends so that your candles can be your own. Looking to recreate a scent you use in your store or hotel? We can work to create a candle fragrance that will establish a powerful connection between you and your customers.
- Label design—as part of your private consultation, we will work with you to design a label that encompasses your brand. From whimsical to sophisticated luxury, we can design a label that is right for you.
The bespoke candle consultation fee is $500 and includes an initial consultation and a follow-up consultation. During the initial consultation, we will discuss your needs and desired candle(s).
Following your initial consultation, we will ship up to five custom scent blend samples based on our discussion. If you need more fragrance options, additional samples can be added to your your sample pack for a small additional fee.
Once you have evaluated the samples, your follow-up consultation will fine-tune any changes to the fragrance blends and finalizing your vessel, wick, and label design selections. After the follow-up consultation, we will produce a sample of each bespoke candle (up to 3) you have selected including your choice of vessel, wick, fragrance, and label. (If you select a custom vessel, an additional fee may apply depending upon the cost and minimum order size for the custom vessel. If an additional fee is required, we will discuss this during the follow-up consultation.)
Bespoke candle customers receive a credit of $250 toward their first bespoke candle order, and are subject to a $700 minimum initial order and a $350 minimum for reorders. To book your initial consultation or for more information, please send an email to [email protected].
Like our bespoke candles, are stock candles are made using 100% soy wax produced from soy beans primarily grown in the United States. But our stock candles don’t just come off the shelf. Each candle is handpoured for you based on your selections from our stock vessels, fragrances, and wicks. Private label customers have a number of choices to make our stock candles their own:
- Vessel—choose from 5.25 oz glass tumblers, 8 oz glass mason jars, 8 oz recycled steel tins, or 16 oz amber glass jars.
- Wick—choose from a classic lead-free, zinc-free cotton wick or a crackling wood wick.
- Fragrance—choose from among our dozens of stock fragrances.
- Label design—stock candles are labeled using one of our stock labels with limited customization and include your logo.